Holiday weddings are a great idea because it allows everyone to be together to celebrate both the holiday and your special day all at once. When done correctly, they are also absolutely breathtaking events.
Here are some of our favorite design ideas to help inspire your holiday wedding planning.
Holiday Weddings: Colors of the Season
If you’re planning a wedding in late November or December, then you’ll want to go with the colors of the season. Think warm rich reds, greens, golds, blues, and silvers. Try and avoid anything over sparkly and super muted as the impact can get lost in photos.
You can mix the colors or select the main one, like a deep red, and use gold or silver as an accent. And remember, when it comes to holiday colors, less is more, so there is no need to drape everything that doesn’t move with red and green. Incorporate white and black to help off-set the overwhelming effect too much red and green can have on a venue.
Tip: When it comes to finding holiday decorating pieces, shop in the offseason as you’ll be more likely to find them at discounted prices.
Holiday Weddings: Incorporating Tradition
The holidays have lots of traditional elements that, when you see them, immediately envoke the feeling of the season, so tie them into your decor wherever possible. Here are some fun ideas to consider:
- Give gold bells as wedding favors
- Use pine cones as your cake topper and decoration
- Use linens and glassware with snowflakes on them
- Add small bells to your bridal bouquet
- Use comfy, holiday colored blankets to mark the bride and groom chairs
- Use stockings to hold the flatware on your table setting
- Surrounding the altar area with Christmas trees and hang mistletoe overhead
- Use colored ornaments to decorate your buffet and gift table
- Use lush greenery and twigs to create stunning Star of David decorations
- Add elf accessories and snowman attire to your photobooth props for whimsical fun
Need a little more inspiration? Check out our Holiday Wedding Pinterest board or this great article from Martha Stewart Weddings for more ideas of how to create the holiday wedding of your dreams.