Outdoor weddings are ideal for adventurous couples who love to be outside. But with COVID-19 restrictions still in place in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas, many brides may need to shift their 2021 wedding plans to an outdoor venue. If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, here are six things you need to remember.
- Reconsider your guest list. Ultimately, your venue will determine how many guests you have at your wedding. After all, backyard weddings are often a lot smaller than those held in catering facilities. If your guest list is substantial, consider booking an outdoor wedding ceremony in Philadelphia that will be able to accommodate that number of people.
- Provide the right accommodations. If you’re planning an outdoor wedding ceremony, you’ll want accommodations in place to keep your guests comfortable. From tables and chairs to tents, lighting, decorations, and restrooms, there are several things you’ll need to consider renting for the big day. And don’t forget the dance floor! In some cases, you may need to rent an outdoor flooring option.
- Consider your catering. Outdoor weddings can be fun and beautiful — until it’s time to sit down and eat. For the sake of your guests, think about the food you’re planning to serve. Is it easy to eat? Are most items hand-held? Make sure you have a mix of high-top tables and lower tables so that your guests have plenty of places to post up and enjoy their hors d’oeuvres or meal.
- Obtain permits if you have to. In some areas, permits might be required for your outdoor wedding. If you’re planning on a restroom trailer or need a generator for your event, a permit could be necessary. Conduct research on the types of events that require permits in your area ahead of time, so you’re prepared. In most cases, vendors are more than willing to obtain the necessary permits for an additional fee.
- Think about parking. When booking your outdoor wedding, don’t forget to ensure there’s a place for your guests to park. The parking area should be easily accessible for guests of all abilities and relatively close to your venue. If you’re booking an outdoor wedding in an urban area, don’t forget to check for restrictions regarding street parking.
- Check with your vendors. While most vendors are willing to accommodate outdoor weddings, there are some that aren’t. Be as straightforward as possible with your vendors and communicate the exact location of your outdoor wedding. This will give them a better idea of whether or not they can provide their services.
When you are ready to decide on the entertainment that will perform at your outdoor wedding, EBE is here to help. Contact us today to find out more information about our DJs and live bands!
Want to learn more about our EBE Team Members? Vendors We Love? New Products?