Nowadays, it’s rare to find a couple who wants all the traditional elements of a wedding on their big day. Instead, couples are looking for ways to stand out from the bunch with nontraditional wedding ideas. Do you consider yourself a modern couple looking for out-of-the-box wedding concepts? Here are five ideas to consider when planning a nontraditional wedding.
- Keep the party going and host a cocktail-style reception. Instead of a formal sit-down dinner, a cocktail-style wedding puts the focus on food, drink, and conversation. Choose hearty hors d’oeuvres to keep your guests’ appetite at bay, and don’t forget to include bite-sized desserts! This wedding reception style is ideal for the party crowd or if you’re planning to have a smaller wedding. If you take this route, make that clear on your invitation so your guests don’t come expecting a sit-down meal.
- Encourage your guests to take part in karaoke. If you’re worried about your guests having a good time at your wedding, karaoke is one way to ensure they’re having fun. Dedicate a portion of your cocktail hour or reception for guests to belt out their favorite songs. Choose from over 2,000 songs spanning every genre, including Motown, classic rock, R&B, pop, country, and more. Let your friends show off their hidden talents with the option of having the performances recorded and able to download as a wedding favor.
- Forgo the wedding cake for a more unique dessert. What better way to stand out from the crowd than nothaving a wedding cake? Instead, delight your guests with an unexpected dessert like cotton candy or a DIY ice cream sundae bar. Your guests will love the interactive element dessert brings and leave them talking about your nontraditional wedding for weeks to come.
- Incorporate fun andgames into your nontraditional wedding. Instead of the traditional photo booth, have casino or arcade games set up throughout your wedding reception. These activities will keep people of all ages entertained and is a unique way to give your guests a break from the dance floor. From dome hockey to classic arcade games like PacMan and even table games like Blackjack and Roulette, EBE offers dozens of wedding enhancements to entertain your crowd.
- Opt for a unique guestbook. Instead of having your guests sign their well wishes into a scrapbook, collect these memories in a nontraditional way. Whether it’s a photo matte you’ll use to frame a picture from your wedding or an audio guest book where guests can record their regards instead of writing them down, there are plenty of unique options available, allowing you to choose one that you and your partner will appreciate.
Incorporating nontraditional elements into your wedding does not make your day any less special. It enables you and your partner to celebrate how you want and not how you’re expected to. When you’re ready to plan all things wedding-related, EBE is here to help.
Want to learn more about our EBE Team Members? Vendors We Love? New Products? Contact us today!